Monday, December 12, 2011

How to transfer files from one laptop to another but without knowing the pw?

So I might be getting a new laptop and there are some files that I want to keep. But there's a problem, I have no idea what my password is. So like I changed my pw so my mom and brother wont be able to unlock my computer, and you know how your suppose to type in your pw and then confirm it by typing it again? Well I'm that good, that I typed it incorrectly, twice, the exact same way..so now I'm stuck with using a guest acc. So is there any other way? Can you take it to Staples or office depot, and they can do it for you or what?|||Here is a Solution i use:





go to www.ubuntu.com





Download ubuntu for a flash drive, install it to a memory stick





put it into the locked laptop, boot from the stick.





now you can surf the files of the locked laptop (as long as they aren't encrypted)|||If you have a guest account you might be able to still browse with windows explorer and copy the files on to a memory stick r something. I don't think staples will help u much and would probably charge a fortune. Because its a laptop it's not that easy to get the harddrive out. Where are the files located you want to get too?

No comments:

Post a Comment