Thursday, December 15, 2011

I have paid for a car, it has not been transferred into my name yet but I have a receipt proving payment.?

The person I bought the car from didn't deliver the car to me as she had promised. She said the car got stolen, was found, is no longer roadworthy and she'd refund my money. For six weeks she regularly instigated sms text of how she was trying to raise funds to repay me (mum,credit card, bank loan), she finally stated she had the cash would pay it into my bank acc. I still have not been repaid. She has not contacted me since the 6 Jun and she refuses to repond to my calls.





At this stage I am prepared to take the money or the car even if it is unroadworthy. I don't know where the car is. It might be stripped and the parts sold, she could be driving it, she might have sold it again.





The police say this is a civil matter. I don't know my legal rights. I am going to get a debt collector but can I report this car as stolen in case she tries to sell it again? If it is found can I simply take it?|||GO TO THE LOCAL DMV AND TELL THEM WHAT HAPPENED AND THEY CAN TELL YOU WHOS NAME IT IS IN AND IF SHE EVER EVEN OWNED IT.IF IT WAS TOTALED THE DMV WILL NO THAT TO AND SHOULD BE WILLING TO HELP..... AND PLEASE DONT GIVE HER YOUR BANK ACC. NUMBER IF SHE DID THIS NO TELLING WHAT ELSE SHE WILL DO. AND YOU MIGHT CHECK WITH THE BBB TO SEE IF SHE HAS BEEN TURNED IN FOR THIS BEFOR.IF YOU HAVE A BILL OF SELL THEN I WOULD TAKE HER TO COURT. TRY TO SOMETHING IN WRITE SAYING SHE OWES YOU THE MONEY BACK HELP THIS HELPED|||Take her to small claims court if the loss is less than $5,000. Call the county court house to find out to proceed with having her serve with a court order to appear before the judge. If you win, you can ask to recover all monies relate to the loss of the car. Get all your receipts, records, photos and witnesses together.|||she scammed you but good, find the car, and take posession as soon as possible. she has probably sold it to at least one other person.|||I am not sure how to answer this question, all I do know is DO NOT LOSE YOUR RECIEPT. Good luck, it is too bad that there are slimey people out there who take advantage of others. If the car was still in her name and it was stolen wouldn't insurance have some information on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment