Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sent money on paypal, but bank acc not updating.?

Hey everyone,


I sent money to a person in Canada using paypal today (sent as goods). I sent the money using my bank account instead of my debit card (first time doing this) and the amount of cash in my bank account has not updated. I had around $300 before sending the money, and whenever I check my bank account, it doesn't look like any amount of cash has been transferred out. When I check paypal it says that the transaction was complete, however. Has the member received my money, or is there a waiting period?


Thank you.|||If you are in the US then yesterday was Labor Day and the banks were closed. Transactions processed after hours, on a weekend, or on a holiday usually won't post to your account until the beginning of business the next day that the bank is open. Paypal has already requested a debit and received an approval for it electronically, just like if you made a purchase with your debit card, but the bank won't update your records until tomorrow. It's just like any other purchase though, paypal knows that they are getting their money, so they will have released it to the recipient in Canada.|||Could be due to the fact that in America, today is a holiday, so there are no transactions taking place.





Check again tomorrow.|||It takes a few business days for Paypal to transfer money to or from a bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment