Thursday, December 15, 2011

What can I do about missing the UT Austin deadline?

So, I missed the UT Austin deadline for freshman entering in the fall of 2011. I have a few options and I need to know more about them, if anyone can help. I've already submitted a letter of appeal to the board of admissions for them to maybe let me in anyways (I'm salutatorian of my class with high SAT scores and an attractive list of ECs and community service and all that other jazz that colleges look for, crossing my fingers in hopes of that getting me somewhere) but I know the chances of that happening are slim to none. So, my options now are the following:


1. Take a semester off this fall and start at UT Austin in the spring of 2012 with automatic admission due to my high school grades.


2. Do a semester at Austin Community College and hopefully be able to transfer to UT in the spring of 2012. *this is my main option. I really need to know if this is going to be possible for me if I maintain high grades at ACC. You need 30 hours to come into UT as a transfer student, and I should already have 20 transferable concurrent hours from high school, 17 at the very least. I really don't want to do more than one semester at the community college.


3. I'm already accepted to A%26amp;M; I could complete one year there and then transfer. This is the least attractive option to me. I really don't want to go to Texas A%26amp;M. I want to move to Austin this fall, no matter what. But if this is really the only good option...I'll have to take it.





If anyone can think of any other choices they think I should consider or know anything that could help me get more information on the options I already have, please let me know. Thanks so much!|||You should have applied in November if you wanted to go to tu. (I can't spell that school any other way). Since you didn't then, I would just wait a semester and then go. If you go to a community college you will forever be dragging an extra transcript. Your foundation may not be as good if you went to a community college for a year.|||I think they still might let you in, my friend is applying to university of Florida late and they really don't care so University of Texas might not either but if they don't let you in, I would suggest to another university such as Ohio State University or Louisiana State University because they I know for a fact accepts late admission students and it'll look good once you transfer to University of Texas





London Babe

No comments:

Post a Comment