Monday, December 12, 2011

Not happy with my bank what to do next?

I have 3 accounts with my bank(HSBC).One is a saving account,one a current account with my husband,the last one was a current account set up in my name,but is solely for the purpose of paying my daughters P A,s.She is autistic and has the Direct Payment scheme from our local social services.I phoned my bank on the 2nd of Jan to transfer money from my savings acc to our current acc.On receiving the statements I found they had taken the money from the social services acc.This is their mistake and Inow have to explain this to soc. services.Icalled in my local branch and was told to phone the tele bank as it was up to them.Ihave just got off the phone,they will do nothing as they say it was my mistake I assured them I did not make such a mistake.All I want is a letter admitting it was their fault to give to soc. services as an explanation. I have put the money back in the acc. but still have to explain the discrepancy when the paper work has to go in.|||HI I work for HSBC business banking and personal call centre in Swansea and all calls are recorded and really they do care about their customers. All of the calls are recorded so phone up and ask for a copy of the phone call and if you need a letter to say that it was a bank error when they listen to the call they will send you the letter and more than likely give you compensation.





Give them a call tomorow and ask for a copy of the call. Really they will do everything to help you. Obviously you are annoyed but when you phone remember that it wasnt the person that you are speaking too's fault because if you phone and be rude to them they are just going to want to get you off the phone as anyone would really.





I am sorry about what has happened though!





(Hope that it wasnt me who did it! No, I am sure I wouldnt have made that mistake.!)





Take care!|||Change banks,





Go to a different banks and ask to open accounts with them. They will transfer everything across, including your direct debits.





If you want to transfer money from one account to another, maybe you should think about doing it via online banking so you know exactly what is going on.|||Ya have yerself in a fix here haven't ya bud, can't offer any practical help here other than wish ya all the best......you'll probably need it, good luck!.....|||Boy Wonder is right, change banks and set up online banking where you can do the actual transfers yourself so there won't be a problem.





Best of luck|||Taking money from social security payments is illegal. However, all banks do it, as they consider themselves outside the law.





Visit Martin Lewis' http://www.moneysavingexpert.com and change banks.|||write to relationship officer and the bank is bound to oblige.


A personal visit will resolve the issue much faster.|||i totally agree with boy wonder, he has offered you the best advice.





good luck.|||You can open another account with a different bank and cancel this one if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment